We help business owners & managers start & grow successful businesses
The position of graphic & web developer consists of developing and designing visual graphics and web sites, creating and specifying architectural and technical parameters, and directing web site content creation, enhancement and maintenance.
• Analyze user needs to determine technical requirements;
• Back up files from web sites to local directories for instant recovery in case of problems;
• Confer with management or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions;
• Design, build, or maintain web sites, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools, and digital media;
• Develop or validate test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types;
• Evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, is properly structured, meets industry standards and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems;
• Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback, and correct problems or refer problems to appropriate personnel for correction;
• Maintain understanding of current web technologies or programming practices through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups;
• Perform or direct web site updates;
• Write, design, or edit web page content, or direct others producing content.
• Design various visual graphics for both clients and for Angel & Walt.
Qualifications and requirements
• A bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field or equivalent;
• Knowledge and demonstrable competence in WordPress, Joomla and other CMSs;
• Knowledge and demonstrable competence in CorelDraw and Photoshop;
• An existing portfolio of previous projects worked on;
• Knowledge and ability to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems;
Competencies (in order of importance)
• Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Analytical Thinking — Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
• Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
• Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
• This is a full time renewable contract.
• Working hours are 8am – 5pm Mon – Fri and 8am – 1pm Sat.
To apply for this job please visit www.angelwalt.co.zw.